Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 7.0 Gives error when used with Sybase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anit

Programmer
Mar 22, 2000
US
We developed reports using CR 7.0 with MS SQL as back end database. Now we want that to use the same report with Sybase database. Is there any way to use the same RPT file for both the database.<br>The main problem is the SQL query generated automatically by crystal report contains INNER and OUTER JOINS which is not supported by sybase server. Even though i changed the link option in 'Visual Linking Expert' to equi join, the query generated contains INNER and OUTER joins. is there a way out of this.<br>Is it advisable to change the query manually in database\show SQL Query option. when would this query be automatically generated.<br>Please help me out of this...<br>Thanks in advance,<br>Anitha

I created reports using Sybase SQL and then we switched the database to Oracle.&nbsp;&nbsp;Oracle did not understand the SQL query being generated since the SQL was written for Sybase.&nbsp;&nbsp;I asked an Oracle DBA to help me edit the SQL in database¦show SQL Query and it worked.

Hi,<br><br>When i change the query in Show SQL query, the report is working. But my worry is that if in future some other developer makes some changes to the report and that time the SQL query is generated again. Then we would start having the same problem again with sybase.<br>Can anyone tell me at what point of time cystal report will generate the SQL query afresh.<br><br>Thanks

Once you edit the SQL query, Crystal Reports v4x, v7, v8 will not overwrite your edits unless:<br>You click on the refresh button in the Show SQL Query dialog<br>Note that everything in the SELECT clause is written by Crystal Reports, based on what fields are required to produce the report.&nbsp;&nbsp;So any user edits made to the SELECT part of the SQL statement are lost when the report is run or saved.<br>Crystal Reports V5 and V6 behave slightly differently, but follow the same basic pattern.<br>You may wish to consider using stored procedures if you want more control over your SQL. <p>Malcolm Wynden<br><a href=mailto:wynden@island.dot.net>wynden@island.dot.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back