Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 11 connect to MS Access MDB within VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mapperkids

Programmer
Jun 26, 2006
CA
Hi,

I created a report using the crystal report 11 designer inside the VB6 and the report preview is fine, but after I put a password on the MS Access MDB file, even I pass th password in the database location, I still getting the error saying "Login failed",

does anyone know why? also I would like to create a installer for CR Previewer, so I can distribut the vb8 application. HOw can I found out what file should include in the package, like ocx, dll files?

The vb6 package show me a lot of dll needed for CR, and is almost 20MB? It is huge?

Thanks!

Distributing it is HUGE. The Crystal developer help file shows what is required,1 but Crystal has a lot of overhead, and 20MB isn't much these days.

As for your password passing, you didn't post the code used, so all I can do is pass along the sample applications:

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back