Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ching0418

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
HK
Hi! I have reports made using Crystal Reports 10 and placed them on our intranet. Using my computer and the server, where Crystal Reports 10 is installed, i can view my reports as expected. But in the other workstations, i can't view the reports. Is it because they don't have the cystal reports program? If yes, what should i do to allow them to view the reports. It is very inconvenient if i will install crystal reports in every workstation which needs the reports.

I remember in Crystal reports 7, it automatically installs crystal reports components in the workstation during initial viewing of the reports. Is this not possible in crystal reports 10?

i need your help guys...thanks in advance!

Hi,
Much has changed since that version..There are ways to run CR desinged reports from an intranet but not like is used to be done ( the Complied run-time method).

You can build a Visual Studio app and use the RDC ( if you have the Develper version of CR)or set up a Crystal Enterprise server and publish the reports.

Search this forum for more info and links to 3rd party programs that will run CR designed reports from a web site and also check out the support site for Business Objects.

If you have the Advanced Developer edition you can use the Java Reporting Component (JRC). It is pretty simple to install and configure. Once you create the reports you can use one of the following sample applications to run and view the reports over the web.

Hope this helps!

Kchaudhry

I was able to run the reports in the intranet using the sample ASP pages downloadable from Business Objects website. Those samples are the AlwaysRequiredSteps.asp, SmartViewerActiveX.asp, etc.

My only problem is that the reports are only running on those computers where Crystal Reports is installed. I can't install the software in all the computers that will run my system.

I want to integrate the reports with my application instead of telling the users to login to enterprise just to view the reports. Another thing, I have filtering in my reports which I do in my application.

Is it possible that whatever is needed to allow the users to view the reports will be installed automatically? I'm not sure what DLL file is needed.

Please help me...Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back