Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Report 10 with Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

ching0418

MIS
Mar 6, 2002
HK
Hi! I have reports made using Crystal Reports 10 and placed them on our intranet. Using my computer and the server, where Crystal Reports 10 is installed, i can view my reports as expected. But in the other workstations, i can't view the reports. Is it because they don't have the cystal reports program? If yes, what should i do to allow them to view the reports. It is very inconvenient if i will install crystal reports in every workstation which needs the reports.

I remember in Crystal reports 7, it automatically installs crystal reports components in the workstation during initial viewing of the reports. Is this not possible in crystal reports 10?

i need your help guys...thanks in advance!

When you state that you "placed them on our intranet" what does that mean? Are you placing the report's source code on your intranet or output from running your report? How is are users accessing the report - through IE?

Hello
You can only view reports done in crystal on machines that have crystal installed UNLESS you have some kind of crystal viewer software...
Try HammerLaunch3, you can download a trial here...
Hope this helps...
B~

Boni J. Rychener
Hammerman Associates, Inc.
Crystal Training and Crystal Material
On-site and public classes
Low-cost telephone/email support
FREE independent Crystal newsletter
800-783-2269

Ridyen,

Yes, the reports are accessed through IE. I have created ASPs to call the reports and the output of the report are filtered based on the form fields of the ASP.

BoniR,

I have checked HL report viewer, but it is a software that runs the report. I want to view the reports from ASP.

Hi,
Still not clear what you placed on the web site..the .rpt file itself?
If so, you either need to install the Run-Time components on the web server ( thet are licensing issues involved, so check the Business Objects support site), or use one of the third-party viewers..

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Take a look at this pdf document to see if your crystal reports web server is setup correctly (the viewer virtual directory) and if your workstations have enough permissions to install the ActiveX plugin.

In the SmartViewerActiveX.asp should have similar code:
Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Crystal Reports ActiveX Viewer</TITLE>
<script language="javascript">
// Set this value to false from another browser window if recycling this Report Viewer
// so that the Cleanup.asp does not execute and destory the report session variables.
var bCleanUpSessionVariables = true;
function CleanupSessions()
{
  if ( bCleanUpSessionVariables )
  {
    window.open("ASPv10/Cleanup.asp","Cleanup","status=no,toolbar=no,location=no,menu=no,scrollbars=no,width=1,height=1");
  }
}
</script>

</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=C6C6C6 ONUNLOAD="CleanupSessions();" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bottommargin="0">
<OBJECT ID="CRViewer"
	CLASSID="CLSID:A1B8A30B-8AAA-4a3e-8869-1DA509E8A011"
	WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=100%
	CODEBASE="/viewer10/ActiveXControls/ActiveXViewer.cab#Version=10,0,0,280" VIEWASTEXT>
<PARAM NAME="EnableRefreshButton" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="EnableGroupTree" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="DisplayGroupTree" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="EnablePrintButton" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableExportButton" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableDrillDown" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableSearchControl" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableAnimationControl" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableZoomControl" VALUE=1>
</OBJECT>

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
Sub Window_Onload
	On Error Resume Next
	Dim webBroker
	Set webBroker = CreateObject("CrystalReports10.WebReportBroker.1")
	if ScriptEngineMajorVersion < 2 then
		window.alert "IE 3.02 users on NT4 need to get the latest version of VBScript or install IE 4.01 SP1. IE 3.02 users on Win95 need DCOM95 and latest version of VBScript, or install IE 4.01 SP1. These files are available at Microsoft's web site."
	else
		Dim webSource
		Set webSource = CreateObject("CrystalReports10.WebReportSource.1")
		webSource.ReportSource = webBroker
		webSource.URL = location.protocol + "//" + location.host +"/reports/ASPv10/rptserver.asp"
		webSource.PromptOnRefresh = True
		CRViewer.ReportSource = webSource
	end if
	CRViewer.ViewReport
End Sub
-->
</SCRIPT>
</BODY>
</HTML>
I wanted to hilight the codebase attribute of the <Object> tag. Ensure that the virtual path matches with your web server so that users can automatically download the Crystal Report Viewer.

You can get the code for the SmartViewerActiveX.asp from the sample files at
Fred

What happens when you try and access the reports via your ASP pages in the workstations ?

You need the developer version of CR for this to work. If you have the correct version and installed it on a machine were IE was present then the virtual directories should have been created for you by the installation.

make sure you have a virtual directory setup called crystalreportviewers10

HTH

Gary

Gary Parker
MIS Data Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back