Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal quick print not using client printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolly12

MIS
Mar 21, 2005
Hello,

I have written a report in Crystal 8.5 dev and made a distribution kit. That kit was installed on our citrix box and we gave full control to all of the files for the users. The reports run just fine however we have run into a problem with printing.

if you push the quick print button, it goes to 1 printer and that is not any of the client printers. It is listed by unc and IP number. push the printer setup button on the report toolbar and the client default printer is listed immediately and all is well.

We have noticed that the crystal report inserts the key pointing to the non client printer and cannot figure out how to remove it. The key disappears when you close the report.

This non client printer was used by a person who also was using Adobe's Captivate and Robohelp to develop the training materials we use. that was the only way we could say that the printer showed up in the first place. My gut pull is that ODBC is having an issue not necessarily Crystal. Crystal is the only thing really using ODBC to run on the citrix boxes.
When the trainer started using Captivate, I found ODBC files on my SQL box so that is another reason why I am looking at this.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this w/o reformatting the citrix boxes?

On the citrix box -
prensentation server - latest build
Windows 2003 standard server
Adobe Robohelp engine
GoldMine 6.7 corporate program files
Office 2003
McAfee Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back