Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitha1

Programmer
Oct 14, 2008
US
I am trying to access a Crystal Version 10 reports via the web through an ASP page. Our ASP page calls a SmartViewerActiveX.asp containing the following code:

<OBJECT ID="CRViewer"
CLASSID="CLSID:C4847596-972C-11D0-9567-00A0C9273C2A"
WIDTH=100% HEIGHT=99%
CODEBASE="/crystalreportviewers10/ActiveXControls/ActiveXViewer.cab#Version=10,0,0,533">
<PARAM NAME="EnableRefreshButton" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="EnableGroupTree" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="DisplayGroupTree" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="EnablePrintButton" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableExportButton" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableDrillDown" VALUE=0>
<PARAM NAME="EnableSearchControl" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableAnimationControl" VALUE=1>
<PARAM NAME="EnableZoomControl" VALUE=1>
</OBJECT>
Here's the problem, I am presented with a grey screen with a red x in the top left hand corner. I am never presented to download the pluging. Can someone please help me out with this? I am getting nowhere on my own.
Thanks a ton!

Hi,
You need to allow for the download of the ActiveX component that the viewer uses..To do that, you must be an administrator on the workstation involved.

It may be that an older version was previously D/L'd and is blocking the correct one from prompting ( check the manage add-ons section in IE, for example to see), or the security settings in your browser are denying even prompting for install.

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I tried, it did not help.
We are able to download other Active X components (Crystal included) via another server without any issues.
So, the client security is fine. The security on the server which should kick off the download seems to be the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back