Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Product Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Derry

Programmer
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have a client who uses Seagate Info v7.02.100 to view their reports. The reports are run on an ad hoc basis (no scheduling). They go to Seagate Info Report Designer to run the reports (some of which are based on .qry files).

Their concern is this method seems longwinded. My concern is that they are running reports from a designer environment.

Is there a simpler method (without purchasing new software) that will address both concerns? (I also have access to Crystal Reports v8.5)

Thanks

There are several 3rd party tools that will run a report wothout having to have Crystal reports itself. As you saidm running froma design environment is not the best idea in the world.

Check out hammerlaunch from Hammerman and associates. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

There are several 3rd party tools that will run a report wothout having to have Crystal reports itself. As you said running from a design environment is not the best idea in the world.

Check out hammerlaunch from Hammerman and associates. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Thanks for the speedy reply!!

Do you think it's possible to make use of the compiled reports add-on that Crystal have available on their website for download? I'm wondering whether I could use the Crystal v8.5 to open and then compile the reports - is this feasible?

Thanks.

Yes that is doable. In fact I just did it yesterday. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back