Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Object Library

Status
Not open for further replies.

zzAdm

Technical User
Dec 31, 2001
GB
Hye,
Im currently using Crystal to report from data on an oracle server. We use Citrix as our main route to the application server, when Crystal was installed on top of MSOffice it created problems with some of the registry settings, meaning that you cannot access the references section through VB, there is a fix on the Crystal website, the problem is I don't have admin privs and can't action the fix on the server, Im afraid if I wait for our admin guy Ill miss my deadline. I do however use a laptop that has all of my office applications on but not Crystal as I connect to Citrix for this.

I would really appreciate any help, I suppose my main questions are:

1) If I install Crystal V7.0 locally can I control tasks in Crsytal V8 from MS Office applications using the COM and object librarys via VBA?

2) Does anyone know if I can just download the Crystal 8 object model and dll files as apposed to installing Crystal 8 locally? Then I can control Crystal on the server from my local Office applications? If this is the route, how easy would they files be to register?

I know this is long winded but Im really stuck!!

Essentially what Im doing is providing data to an external team and am using Crystal to get the data, I want to control everything from one place...MSAccess and VB, this includes refreshing the data from Crystal via an overnight scheduled run, exporting the data from Crystal to Access then running vb scripts and queries in Access to export the data to my external agent.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

Adam.
AdamFreestone@Lycos.Co.UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back