Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Newbie: Help with DrillDownGroupLevel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevehewitt

IS-IT--Management
Jun 7, 2001
GB
Hi Guys,

I'm really new to Crystal, so please bare with me.

I'm trying get Crystal to 'unhide' some group headers after the users drill's down a level. I've done some digging and I think that I may need to use DrillDownGroupLevel; however I am not at all familiar with Crystal code. (Primiarlly an Access developer).

Any help about where to place the code (section expert?) and the syntax would be very helpful!

Oh - and I am using Crystal 10.

Cheers,

Steve.

"They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer Simpson

Yes, in the Section Expert for the relevant group header section, click the X+2 button next to "Suppress". Then enter a very simple conditional statement:
Code:
DrillDownGroupLevel = 0
This will ensure that the section is suppressed until its group has been drilled into.

Duncan

Thanks for that Duncan.

After playing with it, I've realised the mistake that I've made - I don't need to supress the group header - but instead unsupress a number of fields in the group header section when the drill down is started.

Any more advice again appreciated! :)

Cheers,

Steve.

Then you just need to apply that same syntax to each individual object rather than to the group. The Suppress option is on the Common tab of the Format Field dialog.

Duncan

Great - Thank you very much - works great.

Really appreciated - Nice to know that newbies are welcome.

Thanks again,

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back