Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal licenses hang over time

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewie

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
Does anyone know of a problem that could cause licenses not to be released over time. Usually in about a month our license usage approaches our limit of 15 even though there are only maybe 3 or 4 people on it. Any ideas???
Thanks Lewie

If using EPortfolio, are all users signing off via logoff ? If yes, then perhap set a timeout on the Web Connector. A temp workaround may be to reboot your server each night if not already doing. Also, are the most recent fixpacks applied ?
ShortyA

Thanks for the input. We applied some patches about 6 months ago which allowed us to change the release time by placing an option in the startup command to change the time from 20 to whatever we wanted. We changed it to 1 minute. We also made everyone go through the eportal except administrators. we checked it and the licenses were clearing pretty fast. This seems to be a different issue because we reset the APS server and all the licenses are reset. A week or 2 later if i log in I could be license # 6 or 7 and eventually it works its way up to our max.
Then we have to reset it again. I Called crystal yesterday and sent them the event viewer results but considering there were no hung reports at that time I'm not sure it will help. Anyway Thanks again I will let ya know if they find anything.

I have a situation very similar to this, but Crystal Decisions has not given me resolution. They suggested adding a command line option to the WCS and change the timeout, but that has not helped either. The only definite I have determined is that IE6.0 is part of the culprit too. Users with IE5.5 do not lock the license when the log out. The Service Pack is loaded and all of the hot fixes have been applied.

I am open for any and all suggestions.

Which version of Crystal Enterprise are you using? Is it the one that ships with Crystal Reports Advanced (CE Standard)? If so, have you registered the software?

We are actually running CE8.5 Professional. This is the stand-alone product (not bundled with Crystal Reports). And yes, the software is registered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back