Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal is crashing with one report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

helphelen

Technical User
Feb 25, 2010
CA
Hello- I created a very basic report twice now and for some reason this report alone keeps on crashing mt Crystal with the warning message "crw32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close". I am not sure if I am doing anything wrong within the report, it looks fine to me. I am able to open/view/edit any other report besides this one. Please help!

What is different about this report? Which version of Crystal are you using? How soon do you get the error? How much data is it retrieving? Please give us some more details.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

I am currently awaiting my version 12 so I am using the Crystal 2008 30 day trial. I have created about a half dozen reports with the trial, all the info coming from 2 tables. This is the only one that keeps crashing. The first time I created the report, I received the error when I attempted to open it the following day. The second time I created the report, I was resizing a column in Preview when the notification popped-up and the application shut down. There are 1072 records (not very many) and the report is 153KB. I am using the following commends: Group, filter, Instant summary, formulas (data conversion), and applying a template. I know this is very abstract but I'm not sure what else to write. I was hoping someone had a similar experience and was able to determine the root cause. Thank you for addressing this.

I suspect that the trial version does not have all of the latest hot fixes and that this issue will be resolved when you get your full version. Be sure to register it so that you can received support and then check on the the support site to make sure you have all of the latest updates.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back