Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal field size - conversion in BOXI3.1 Infoview too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsandwick

Programmer
Sep 10, 2001
US
SAP BO XI 3.1
Oracle 10g
Crystal 2008

Crystal field size in Crystal remains intact. (String field, field format "lock position and size" checked.)

Test same Crystal report in BO XI 3.1 Infoview. Run report. Crystal field size extends beyond right margin of page - size is no longer controlled.

Is this a bug? Is there a fix, please?

Thank you,
Helen

I believe there is a registry setting for this. I'm at a client site and I don't have the notebook with me that has that information. I'll track it down tonight and, if no one else has responded, I'll post it.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Thanks, hilfy, I look forward to receiving your update!!! No other rseponses to my question so far, so grateful for your help.

-Helen

Try this:

In RegEdit, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Business Objects\Crystal Reports\Saved Data. Add the following key: TruncateClippedFieldStrings = Yes

I've also seen this under HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but the correct user is difficult to determine when you're working with a web server.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back