Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise Report not refreshing from URL request

Status
Not open for further replies.

kthornton14

Programmer
Apr 7, 2003
PR
I have a report in Crystal Enterprise which is based on a stored procedure. My application is a ASP based web application which allows user to make changes to there personnal data and save the information to a SQL backend. Then they can click on a link which sends a URL request to the crystal web server and requests the report passing the user ID number. The user ID is the parameter needed by the report. My problem is once I have launched the report that is the data that remains in the cache on the enterprise server. If I make changes to my information and launch the report again the changes do not display unless I close the ASP app and open it again which tells me it is some how cacheing at the session level.

How can a refresh the cache from inside the same session??? I am opening the report as an adobe .pdf file.

PLEASE HELP

Yes.. connect works

I found it out last week but forgot to come and reply.
I append &connect=1
or create a form control
<INPUT type=hidden name=connect id=connect value=1>
and post it to the viewrpt.cwr and it work!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back