Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise "Rights"

Status
Not open for further replies.

pip7kids

MIS
Sep 16, 2010
GB
When I go to change rights re the following I get this message and not yet brave enough to clik OK.

Groups
Everyone
Users
Administrator
Rights
Everyone
Advanced
....Change Delete Objects to Not Specified .. Ithen get the prompt

Full inheritance has been enabled, and all explicit rights removed on this Principal. This will result in removal of the principal. Do you wish to continue?

If I do what are the consequencies and can I reset this - I am in the Administrator group as one of the users. The reason I want to do this is that I messed around with one of the objects in a folder in Everyone and changed the Advanced settings - now I can not delete the object or folder. All other Folders and objects no problem.

Regards

Which version are you using?

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

XI r1 or r2? XI 3.x? - they're very different.

If the Administrators group still has access to the folder, then go ahead and do this - you won't lose your access.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back