Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise Printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbielenda

MIS
Nov 15, 2001
US
I only have the standard edition of Crystal Enterprise that came along with my Crystal Reports Professional V8.5. When I look at the reports in the viewer, they look fine, however, when I go to print, it does not fit all the columns on the page. The report does print in landscape mode, just cuts it off. The report is also leaving about a half an inch space at the top. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? I have tried each of the different viewers (i.e. DHTML, Java etc) and no luck. All the viewers look the same even when I change them. Any ideas as to why?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance s-)

How good is your printer driver? What type of printer are you using? What happens when you try another printer? Does it cut it off at the same place?

1.) I do not know how good my printer driver is, how would you know something like that?

2.) I am using a Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4050 Series and a Hewlett Packard LaserJet 4Plus.

3.) Both printers show the same result. You also have to keep setting the margins and set to landscape everytime you go back into the ePortfolio. If you do not do this, then it prints in portrait.

What viewer are you using. If you are using DHTML then your reports will not print as seen. Try using ActiveX viewer. Also read there is a white paper on printers and reports.

Hi,

1. Do you print your report Correctly (with Correct Margin ...) when designing Report ?

2. Do your CE Server have the same printers installed, and do they have same settings with your Report Designer's machine ?

Hope this can help!

Kan

bmitchel,

I am using a DHTML viewer. I changed to an ActiveX viewer and all it printed was the menu bar :( I have a .pdf file that talks about printers, just did not seem to help me very much.

Kanau,

1.) My reports print correctly from Crytsal Reports itself.
2.) How can I check if the CE server has the same printers installed?

Thank you all for your help s-)

One more thing, when I do try to print from the CE viewer, it will only print the first page. You have to manually go to each page and print it. Any ideas as to why it does this? Maybe I have something set incorrectly?

Hi, dbielenda

You may go to the machine with CE installed and then click Start > Settings > Printers and check wheather these printers are the same printers as your Report Designers machine. Then check the properties of each printer.

Using ActiveX viewer should print everything correctly. Do you use the printer button within the viewer to print ? If so, if will prompt you From and To page.

Hope this can help!

I ended up calling technical support, and since I have the Standard version of CE, they prompted me to the knowledge base. This article (C2009267) will enable those people who only have the standard version of CE to change code in four .csp files to change the viewer (which is defaulted to DHTML) to any other. I did this and used the Java viewer which seems to be printing everything correctly and takes in all my parameters. Thank you all for your help, maybe someone in the future can use my same solution! s-)

Hopefully I won't have any more printing issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back