Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise Parameter Page for Reports Not Running 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonelSanchezJr

Programmer
Jan 26, 2001
US
All of the reports stopped working in Crystal Enterprise.
When I click on any link to the reports,
the parameter pages appears to be loading (since it says "Loading...") but it doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

Do regular non-parameter reports work? From the CE box, go into CR and make sure the report runs.

I would also try a reboot. Perhaps there's something else amiss.

Apparently, the Crystal Page Server did not have my correct login information. It should have had a path before my login name, but it had a period (.) before my name followed by a backslash (\). I don't know who could have modified it, but I corrected it and it's all working fine now.

Thanks,

Leo ;-)

Be suspicious of the Page Server, it's generally the culprit, and the latest service pack does wonders:

You can check the status of the report by checking Services if you're using a MS based OS, or from within the CE CMC check the Manage Servers and try to stop and restart the Page Server. Often times it will hang and you'll need to reboot, once you apply the hotfix the problem should go away.

Also include the Crystal version in technical posts if you want specific help.

-k

Hi, I got a problem may related to the page server. My report (with parameters) runs well in CR. When I publish it on CE, it still runs well on the local machine. But when I try to run it on a remote machine, the report does not get through after inputing parameters (it keeps saying "loading..."). I have no problem opening scheduled reports and report without parameter though.

I installed CR8.5 and CE8.0 on the same machine, my ODBC database on another machine. I did put the service pack for CE8.0 and CR8.5 today after reading synapsevampire's post (thanks!), but that does not help much so far. I also try giving all CE users full control permissions on all CE folders and objects, again, that is not helping.

What should I check now? Thanks.

OK. I published a report which requires parameter input on the CE8.0 on my local machine. The report can be read using ePortfolio on the local machine. But when I try to do the same thing from a remote machine, the report did not come out. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks.

Consider using a fresh thread when posting.

Specifics would be helpful, this "But when I try to do the same thing from a remote machine, the report did not come out." doesn't state whether you received an error, got the wrong results, the viewer hung, etc.

What happens? Can you log in? Do you see the report in ePortfolio? Do you get an error?

-k

Thanks for your response, a fresh thread is a good idea, I will do that and try to be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back