Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise newbee

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgkSHA

Programmer
Jul 12, 2002
US
Hello:

I posted a question earlier, but I think I need to step back an inch. OK, I have Crystal Reports 9 and Crystal Enterprise 9. I have a finished Crystal Report. I have never used Crystal Enterprise before. Basically, I want to view this report on the web server (the server with Crystal Enterprise).

Does anyone know of any links that give step by step instructions on how to do this. This is an intranet server and I just need to set this up so the report view within Crystal Enterprise.

If anyone can give me a brief run-down on the steps or a detailed place where I can look, I'd appreciate it. Basically, how do I set up the Crystal Enterprise 9 web server and how do I view an existing Crystal Reports 9 report on it. Thanks

Hi,
It is a little to complicated to really explain in a posting, so you should look at the docs ( The Web Deveopers Guide accessed thru the left side of the Launchpad is what you want)

In brief, you need to,( if you want to fully utilize the power of the CE system) create your report in CE Pro, 'publish' it to your CE server environment - and, to start, use ePortfolio to view it..

There is much, much more to it than this
( folder creation,permissions, the whole administration process, etc.),
so it is time to start reading,
and reading and reading...( To be good takes work..)
Have fun, the work will be worth it...
[profile]

CHeck for the Crystal Enterprise Publishing Wizard in the Crystal Enterprise programs on the CE Server, it steps you through the process fairly gently.

Otherwise use something like the following in a IE browser:

Use the Crystal Management Console to publish Objects, set the database log in information, and activate the parameters, then use ePortfolio to view them.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back