Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise 9 - unable to display report

Status
Not open for further replies.

snoopdougie

Programmer
Jan 21, 2004
ZA
Hi,

I have a problem displaying reports using Crystal Enterprise 9 ePortfolio. I had about 30 reports of all kinds displaying perfectly until today. I installed MDAC 2.8 (was on 2.7), and now the reports no longer display on ePortfolio. I can still use Crystal Reports Designer to view them, as well as the VB ReportViewer control.

However, using any of the three asp report viewers that come with ePortfolio, I get the following asp error:

THe page cannot be displayed.

HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error
Internet Information Services

Technical Information (for support personnel)
Error Type: webReporting.dll (0x800001FD)
The Report Application Server failed
/rassamples/en/asp/rPortfolio/HTMLViewers/partsViewer.asp, line 20

This error for all three viewers occurs on the line in the viewer asp page where it finally attempts to open the report.

Does anyone know what is causing this error -- no info anywhere on the web, in the crystal support site, etc.

TOP TIP:

After trying just about EVERYTHING, in desperation I posted this request, then downloaded the latest CE 90 hotfix -- CE90_RAS_WIN_EN.exe or something to that effect (I'm too tired to find the link). You can find it on the crystal decisions site under support.

Problem solved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back