Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise 9 Prof Edition Upgrade Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottWebb

Programmer
Nov 17, 2001
GB
I was wondering what options might be avilable to me for upgading from CE9 Prof Edition.

From what I see from the BO website, I could go for Crystal Server XI Release 2 or Business Objects XI Release 2?

Does anyone have experience of both, and reasons as to why I would/should consider one over the other?

Also information on cost differences would be useful.

Thanks,

Scott

The closest match to CE-9 as regards functions would be Crystal Report Server XI (R2). It is a basic tool for sharing RPT files over an intranet/internet service.

In fact, Crystal Report Server XI (R2) and BOE-XI (R2) are essentially the same product - but the licnese key for Crystal Report Server XI (R2) locks-out much of the high-end functionality.

For example, Crystal Report Server XI (R2) is limited to being installed on a single-server with a maximum of 20 concurrent users.

If you current CE-9 environment is clustered, or if you have more than 20 concurrent licenses - then you will need to migrate to BOE-XI (R2).

If you can describe what volume of RPTs/Users you currently service with CE-9, then you should be able to determine what you need.

Price-point for new purchases is different from the upgrade costs from CE-9, so you would be best to speak with your BOBJ salesperson about the upgrade costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back