Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise 8.5 - can more than one report run at once? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
With Seagate Info we only have one APS and, as a result, one report running for a while can bottleneck all other pending reports from running. With Crystal Enterprise 8.5 can more than one report run at once? I don't plan on having multiple APS machines, just one. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Bessebo

You can set the maximum number of jobs you want to be able to process at one time in Crystal Enterprise, by configuring the ReportServer in the CMC to increase or decrease the job limit.

You can also set the number of jobs limit in Seagate Info, in Info Administrator...

Naith

I think you also limited by the number of licences you have, so if not enoegh available, report will retry in the time you specify when schedule.
Keep also in mind that your hardware/software combination is a key how many reports you can run simultenuosly. For example, I ran the test scheduling 7 reports (MS SQL on backend) to run at the same time and all of them ran within 10 min with 100% CPU consumption, but each of them takes about 6-10 sec to run.

There is no licensing limitation on the number of simultaneous reports that the Job Server can process.

CD recommends a maximum of 5 simultaneous reports per CPU for the job server.

Other factors that impact this number is the type of reports you are running and the ability of the database server to supply the data to the reports.

Start with the recommended figure and then tweak it up or down to get the best results.
Regards,
Steve Remington
Wave Business Solutions
steve.remington@wavebusiness.com.au

Hi there

I am using the Crystal Web component which comes with crystal 8 to publish reports on the web.

However when I try to view a report, from the browser on a client machine with crystal reports 8.5 I get an error message. I believe there is a conflict in the versions please help me fix this problem.

In our current environment (2 Web Servers, 2 Web Component Servers, 2 APS Servers Clustered, and 2 Job Servers / Pages Servers)we have a total of 4 Job Server running on each JSPS. Each separate component can process 5 instances easily for a total of 20 instances per box or 40 throughout the platform.
Some reports, whether they are long running queries or large reports, can use and hold a "child" process thus keeping this single Job Server instance from procesing other reports. If you had several instances of long running or large reports, it can cause the shceduled instances to back up while waiting for a process to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back