Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Enterprise 10 data display / refresh issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

gav12345

Programmer
Dec 4, 2003
GB
Hi all,

We're using Crystal Enterprise 10 and Crystal Reports 9 against a SQL Server 2005 database (I know - old versions).

I'm experiencing an issue when trying to schedule two reports...

The reports each have 7 input parameters (a mixture of strings and dates). When I preview the reports in Crystal Reports 9 (installed on the CE10 server), the report data are displayed without any issues.

However, when I save the same reports to Enterprise, enter the correct parameter values into the Process > Parameters tab, and try to preview the report, no data are initially returned. If I click the Refresh button in the report viewer however, the data are then displayed on the report as normal.

In the same way, actually scheduling the report with the correct parameters produces a blank report.

I have set the 'Oldest On-Demand Data Given To a Client (in minutes)' setting on the PageServer to '0' and checked the 'Viewer Refresh Always Yields Current Data' checkbox.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here?

Thanks, Gavin

In your report definition, do you have "Save Data with Report" turned on ? If so, I would turn it off and resave the report to CE.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Six-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Hi Dell - Thanks for the suggestion, but that option is already switched off in the report.

Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back