Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal does not Promt for Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushin

Programmer
Oct 4, 2000
Crystal 8.5 report with paramters prompts and uses paramters when running directly from Crystal...,But I am
calling the report from inside another application,VB and Progress...The report will run if I supply the param but it will Not prompt for it ....

What do I have to do to enforce the Prompt when calling the report from inside another application.....

example code:

connectString = "DSN = " + tDSN + ";UID = admin" + gLUserid + ";PWD = admin" + gLPassWord + ";DSQ = " + lDBname(1).
chctrlframe:CrystalReport:CONNECT = connectString.
chctrlframe:CrystalReport:reportfilename = fi-run.

chctrlframe:CrystalReport:parameterFields(0) = "patientID;" + "10010" + ";true".

chctrlframe:CrystalReport:printreport.

Any clues ?

I am going to guess that your report is saved with data. Save it without data and see if that makes a difference. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Check that the property .EnableParameterPrompt of the viewer is never set to "False"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back