Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Developer 11 + Classic ASP = Deployment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qberta01

Programmer
Nov 14, 2005
Hello,

I am using Crystal 11 Developer edition and I call the reports through a classic asp page. I do not use a web application. The ASP page is opened through a FoxPro application.

I can open the crystal reports just fine from the server where the dev application is located. I used the sample asp pages from the Business Objects website...necessarysteps.asp....moresteps.asp.....(I cannot remember the exact names of the pages)...However, probelm is that I have Crystal fully installed on that server.

My boss wants me to install on the server only the necessary components to open the Crystal reports. He does not want the full Crystal install.

So, I followed the instructions from Business Objects Support by downloading Visual Studio Installer and creating an installer for the merge modules. I then ran the installer on a different server without Crystal installed. However, when I try to open a report I am asked to associate it with a program.

I have read quite a few tips on installing the merge modules, but what I have done so far has not worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Yours truly lost..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back