Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal Cross Tabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

maruja

MIS
Feb 24, 2005
US
I work at a medical facility. I am on Crystal 8.5. I have two cross tabs. One that counts visits which has worked fine. The other takes those visits and turns them into percentages. For example:
Row: admission source: Emergency Room. Column: Hospital Name. Summarized field: Should reflect 80.22%. (Emergency Room had 215 patients. TOTAL patients for all admission sources was 268. 215/268=80.22%.) I am having trouble coming up with a formula to derive the percentages for summarized fields. I have tried:{visits/Sum({visits}) but it does not like it. I have also tried some other things. Can you help me? Thank you.

Consider returning the information via a Command, View, or Stored Procedure.

Alternatively, focus on what you really need to show. Is it % Admitted via Emergency Room by hospital? This can be done in 8.5.

Alternatively, upgrade to Crystal 9 or higher.

Cheers,
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Ido:

What I need to show is % admitted by ER by hospital and other admitting sources such as rehab centers, long term care, etc. Please tell me how I get at that calculation. I greatly appreciate your help. Thanks.

Are you saying you have only 1 Row? ER?

In that case, here's a good approach:

Create a formula: ER_100_0

IF {source} = "ER" THEN 100 ELSE 0

Then, simply AVERAGE that formula in the CrossTab.

Cheers,
- Ido

IDO:

I have several sources that I need to account for not just ER. Is there a way to accomplish that for all of them? Thanks.

Create several CrossTabs (one for each source) using the approach above or follow the other options I suggested.

Cheers,
- Ido

Ido:

Thank you very much. I will give it a try. Maruja

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back