Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal/Citrix Creating a New Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrism2278

IS-IT--Management
Oct 25, 2005
US

Strange problem that has been doggin me for a while. We run Macola 7 on P.SQL

Cannot create a new crystal report via a citrix session against Macola's P.SQL tables.

If I use ODBC it will allow me to chose a table then after selection it just vanishes off the crystal select tables screen. If I use the ddf's it will bring all the tables in even though I select just one.

Anybody else having issues developing reports on the Citrix box?

Thanks

I use crystal 8.5 on terminal server & it had to be installed on terminal (win2003 server) as administrator under add/remove programs. It works fine w/pervasive 2000i sp4 cllent w/hot fixes. The macola server is a win2k running 2000i sp4 w/hot fixes. Macola is 76100a. Have you checked pervasive monitor to determine if you ever connect, etc.? Specific versions of server software, macola & crystal might help resolve. Maybe you need to recreate your datasources. I usually have better luck setting up a new source rather than editing an existing. You might also have a register permissions problem. You also, in TS, must have a windows/cystal directory for each user's "profile" on terminal with all necessary dlls.

Do I create the windows/crystal directory manually, or can I just copy the admin files over? And which dlls do I need to put in there?

Can you create a new report logged on as adminstrator in a citrix session? If not, does the administrator have a windows\crystal folder under documents & settings? Did you install on the citrix machine using add/remove programs logged on as administrator? What version of crystal? Purchased through macola or outside macola? I know if you try to get support direct from crystal, they sometimes say crystal is not supported on citrix/TS, but I have never had a problem getting it to run. What specific version of psql & service pack/hot fixes are you running? Did you check that you have pervasive connectivity? Can you see the tables in the databases in the pervasive control center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back