Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal and database table data different?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBChristy

IS-IT--Management
Sep 3, 2002
GB
I am trying to retrieve data from pervasive using odbc. I am selecting one field (i.e. no formulae, parameters etc). However, when this data appears in crystal (8.5), the results are inconsistent when compared to viewing them directly in the table. Examples are 0.07 in crystal as opposed to 0.0007 showing in the table. In addition, some fields are correct and some aren't. Whilst I haven't checked the whole report, it appears that the problems lie within numeric fields.

Is this a crystal reports configuration issue or is it something else? Please help!

You can check this:

Go to File > Options > Fields > Select the field type you are having problem with(Number) > Number > Customize > Now select the appropriate rounding.

This way next time whenever you insert a field from the Database into Crystal reports your number field will have these settings as default.

Hope it helps.

Kchaudhry

Thanks for your reply but it appears that my description of the problem was unclear.

It is not a format issue, it's as though the data is incorrect. Some lines (same field) that have been brought forward are correct - 0.2 in both crystal and the data table yet some are different - 0.07 in crystal and 0.0007 in tha data table (which is obviously correct).

I have simply pulled one field in but the results are different.

Ok, I have never run into this problem before. Maybe someone else can help you with this. One thing I would check is to make sure you are looking at the right database. You can go to Database menu and Verify Database.

Sorry cant be of any more help.

Good Luck!

Kchaudhry

Further developments - we have created a file dsn as opposed to a system dsn and this gives us the correct information.

We have applied the service packs. It looks as though we are going to have to have to search for another odbc driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back