Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal & Visual Studio 2003 GAC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheVillageIdiot27

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
GB
Hi

I have just started looking at Crystal with Visual Studio 2003, and played about with creating a simple a report / application with the intention of installing it around the company.

However I am getting the error crysal reports engine needs to be installed in the GAC first - which I haven't been to do at all.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

Have you created an VS Setup program or are you installing it through other means? Does your setup program include a Crystal Reports msm file? (In VS 2005 with Crystal XI it's named crystalreports11_5_net_2005.msm - I'm not sure what the file name is for VS 2003) If not, that's your problem. The MSM file will install and GAC all of the appropriate files for your project.

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back