Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 9- Subtotaling a Summary Formula

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrionStar

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
US
Dear Forum:

I have the following Summary Formula that I'm needed to subtotal.

{C1_A_R_Totals.Total_Fees_Due}+{C1_A_R_Totals.Total_Costs_Due}

Simple formula. I need to do a subtotal on the report my CustomerNumber?

Any help is appreciated. Can it be done?

Thx Mike

"A man is only as happy,... as he makes up his mind to be...

Never mind ....I found my answer... using the SEARCH option...here..... thanks anyway... I'll search first before posting ...

Mike

If these are database fields used in a formula (which is how you are showing them), then you can right click on the formula to insert a summary.

-LB

I used the running totals option and formated there...thx

I have no idea what you mean. Are you saying you used a running total to do this summary? If this is a formula and you have a group on {table.custno}, then you would just need to insert a summary unless you have duplicate values. Running totals slow reports, so you should only use them if necessary.

-LB

I went over to the "formula" forum and they advised me to use running subtotals on my formula field. This particular field was a "subtotal of an actualy FORMULA field. MY very first posting showed the actual formula. THIS formula was entered into the DETAILS section and resulted in a Dollar Value. This formula was also used in as a summary total in my grouping. I HIDE the details and only pring on the GROUP totals. I NEEDED A SUBTOTAL OF THE GROUP TOTALS. The running totals did the trick. It is the only option I seemed to have had.

As always ......thank you for your help and assistance.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back