Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 9 Help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjames

Programmer
May 17, 2002
US
I wanted to create a stand alone crystal report engine install so i can distribute it with out having the user install the entire vb.net project. I added the required files to the setup project.

crnetruntime.msm,
license.msm,
mapping.msm
and
reportengine.msm

I then added my keycode for crystal 9 to the Licence Key property located in "About Microsoft Development Enviroment" next to the "Crystal Reports for Visual Studio .NET" entry(after I registerd with seagate). I built the project and then ran the install on the prospected client. Which i found did nothing i still recived the "Could Not Find Keycodv2.dll".
I tried to reboot after install, rebuild the install, nothing seems to resolve it.

Do i have to package the files with the actual project? I find this a poor choice on cystals part not providing a client install. This will just shrink there customer base seeing that I'm about to look elsewhere for a more developer freindly solution.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back