Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8 - Working With Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

cementcarver

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
CA
Hello,

I'm using Crystal v8 and I'm trying to understand how to include a map i.e. Changing The Geographic Map. But instead of using the maps provided i.e. Asia, Europe or World, I'd like to design my own maps.

What format are these maps in? How are they created?

...CementCarver

Hi!

The mapping feature included with Crystal Reports is from MapInfo. I have had to produce very detailed level mapping for patient, doctor, and pharmacies – which resulted in contacting MapInfo ($$$) for the required additional information (read maps).

Thanks!

James Keep, PMP
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
Authorized Crystal Engineer (ACE)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Thx James,

That's unfortunate that you had to go that route, whereas that functionality, as far as I'm concerned, should be included as part of the package.

Are your maps dynamic, meaning that you can zero in on an area where your doctor/patient is located? How did the Mapinfo data work for you after you purchased this added map data?

Cementcarver..............

Hi Cementcarver,

I think it great just having a MapInfo ‘Lite’ version included with Crystal Reports® for free. Its like everything else; if you desire greater charts, graphing, or mapping capabilities – then its time to pay additional features.

The MapInfo “data” was excellent; that being said they acquire their information from StatsCan. Thus, the information was Government compiled. All users of the reports were very impressed with the drill-down view.

Thanks

James

P.S. I have no financial nor affiliation with MapInfo.

James Keep, PMP
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
Authorized Crystal Engineer (ACE)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back