Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8 Report exports incorrectly to Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

marydn

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
US
I am trying to export a Crystal 8 report into Excel 97. The Report spans 61 inches. When I export it into Excell the fields are not in the same order as they were in the Crystal report. My question is simple (?) - how can I get my Excel spreadsheet to look like my Crystal Report?

What do you mean by the report spans 61 inches? Are you using a custom paper size? Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training/Consulting and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal (including ADO)

Yes I am using a printer that will print out to this length. In Crystal the ruler goes out to 61 inches in order to capture all my fields.

There's a document on the Crystal web site about exporting to Excel. Some of the big things are don't overlap columns, don't leave space between fields, snap objects to the grids, all objects in a row have the same height, etc.

Brian J. Alves
Terrier Consulting, Inc.
Email: brian.alves@worldnet.att.net
VB / Crystal / SQLServer

I found that sometimes when I exported my reports to Excel 8.0 (Extended) that I would get an extra row between each line of data. I'm not sure if this will answer your question but now when exporting to any version of Excel, I choose "Tabular Format". This exports all columns EXACTLY as how they look in Crystal Reports. This is only in CR v8, in CR v6-v7, I accepted the default exporting format.

Hi

I have a crystal report which when I export to excel 8.0(Extended) turns out exactly as I require. However I need to view this report via my web server and the export option does not include excel extended - is there a way around this?? The regular export on the web server is inserting blank lines even when I follow the guidelines above.

Thanks

Chiara

Sounds like the web server may have different export DLL files than you do on your PC. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Hi

I don't actually have access to the web server to check the dlls but which dll would need to be there for exporting to excel with entended options??

Thanks
Chiara

Check the version of u2fxls.dll.
You can export to XLS but not to extended?
Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back