Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8 on Windows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JordanCN

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2006
US
I currently have crystal 8 installed on a Windows 2000 server and use its Web Components to serve my reports over the web (Seagate Page Server service).

We are upgrading the server to Windows 2003 however I cannot seem to get Crystal 8 to work with IIS6. Whenever I try to access a report Internet Explorer always returns a 404 file not found error.

I have seen some people got it to work, but I can't seem to find the right formula.

Hi,
such an old release may not work on that system, but sonmthing to check are the security settings - be sure the needed actions are permitted (IIS6 tightened security so many things are no longer permitted by default, but have to be enabled, like support for ASP pages and other things)

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

I managed to get this to work on my test 2003 server. I had open the Web Service Extensions and enable all unknown isapi extensions. I also opened the CGI and Internet Date extensions as well for testing.

I also had to add the .rpt and .cri mime types to IIS 6 as application/octet-stream and that seemed to get the test server running.

Now my problem is I am trying to duplicate what I have done on my production server and instead of the report file running, it is trying to download and I get the Save As dialog box when I click on my link. My link is:

I must have missed something, but I can't figure out what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back