Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal 8.5 non-embedded report in dot net

Status
Not open for further replies.

chix001

IS-IT--Management
Oct 24, 2001
US
Hi,

I have several reports that I have created in Crystal 8.5 Developer Edition, and I want to be able to view them in a .NET web application. From other helpful info on this site, I have been able to get the code running to view them correctly, but only when the data is saved with the report. When I try to refresh the report, it gives me a logon failed error (and I am applying the logoninfo to the reportdocument). The first report I'm trying to get working is using ODBC to connect to an Access database. I read about some issues with Access and CR DEV 8.5 and have installed SP2. Also, I can't figure out how to get the Group Tree to function correctly (i.e. move to the right section when you click on it) nor the page browsing. It just returns me to the page showing the viewer control.

I don't want to use embedded reports b/c you have to recompile each time you want to add a report - I'm trying to design a generic class (but that's a long way away).

Any help/ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
CHIX001

Nevermind - I figured it out.

The problem I had with Access is that the ASP.NET account didn't have rights to the directory that held the Access db.

The problem with the drill-downs and group tree not functioning was actually a fluke with the viewer control on the page. I deleted and re-added it, and then it worked (I hate fixes like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back