Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 8.5 - getting error pdssql.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSeidel

Technical User
Jan 10, 2003
US
I have just installed a customer with crystal 8.5 designer. The customer does not have any sqlserver components installed on the machine.

I have tried to open a report file on their machine and refresh the report to point to their specific db/tables but get a pdssql.dll error.

I have searched crystal knowledge base but only found something related to cr6.

what do I do to get this to work? every other customer client machine had already had mssql enterprise components installed on the client - this is the first I have worked with without these components but I have read that crystal reports does not need this component to run- any help would be appreciated
thanks

This is from the CR 8.5 Report Design III courseware, in regards to a Native database driver connection:

"If you are using a Client/Server database you must install the database client software on the computer making report requests."

I would take that to mean that you need to have the SQL Server client installed on the computer you're trying to run reports from . This was my experience a few versions back when I was working with reports using the native SQL Server driver (pdssql.dll).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back