Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crystal 8.0 and iis5 crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
I have a vendor supplied application that is written in ASP that uses crystal 8.0 as its reporting function.

When more than just a couple of people start running reports from the web viewer, my Windows 2000 iis5 web server crashes.

It loses connectivity to my MS SQL 7.0 Server, thereby rendering the web application and crystal "dead".

I am in the beginning stages of using Crystal, so this may be something obvious that I don't know yet. Any suggestions, however simple, are appreciated. Thanks,

We had a vaguely similar situation. The server we first tried to install CE on was dual-homed (had 2 ethernet cards and 2 different IP addresses). Deep down in the middle of all the documentation is a sentence stating that one cannot install on a 2 ethernet card machine. It shuts down a lot of services when it gets whacky that way. I suspect that it is using something like Adobe's serial # security which browses your local net for other machines with the same serial number, then locks up when it discovers that there is (to its eyes) another machine with the same serial number.

This is a serious defect in coding. Lots of people use dual homed servers. It is looking like crystal reports is a wrong choice for my employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back