Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 2011 sql command (combine two convert functions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am using Crystal 2011 sql command to pull data from a progress environment. see command below. Problem is the highlighted line is only returning the second convert function. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?[ponder]. I would really appreciate help.

SELECT "pp_organisation"."ppo_kco", "pp_organisation"."ppo_dept", "pp_organisation"."hrp_id", "pp_organisation"."ppo_surname", "pp_organisation"."ppo_1stname", "pp_organisation"."ppo_2ndname", "pp_organisation"."por_suffix", "pp_organisation"."ppo_seq","dw_fact"."kco", "dw_fact"."dwf_cha", "dw_fact"."dwf_key1", "dw_fact"."dwf_key2", "dw_fact"."dwf_key3",
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,1 ,1),'?') ) AS 'HomePhone',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,2 ,2),'?') ) AS 'WorkEmail',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,3 ,3),'?') ) AS 'OptOutMobile',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,4 ,4),'?') ) AS 'MobileEmail',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,5 ,5),'?') ) AS 'WorkMobile',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,6 ,6),'?') ) AS 'OfficePhone',
convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,7,7),'?') ) AS 'OfficePhoneExt',
[highlight #E9B96E](convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,5 ,5),'?') ) + convert ('character', nullif( pro_element ( "dw_fact"."dwf_cha" ,3 ,3),'?') ))AS 'Combined'[/highlight]
FROM "COINS"."PUB"."pp_organisation" "pp_organisation" INNER JOIN "COINS"."PUB"."dw_fact" "dw_fact" ON "pp_organisation"."ppo_kco"=CAST("dw_fact"."dwf_key1" AS INT) AND
"pp_organisation"."ppo_seq"= "dw_fact"."dwf_key2"
WHERE "dw_fact"."dwt_type"='SCUSGPR001' AND "pp_organisation"."ppo_leaver"=0

This is more of a Progress SQL question than a Crystal question. Since you already have the parts to this in the query, I would remove that line all together and use the "WorkMobile" and "OptOutMoble" fields in a formula in Crystal to get this information.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Hi Dell,

Thank you for your response. Combining the fields in crystal will not be useful with particular report. The access query I have to connect to could potentially have both workmobile and optoutmobile data. The field that I am trying to create is the field that I want to use for my link to both tables.

I will repost under a SQL forum.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back