Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 2008 multiple records per page

Status
Not open for further replies.

JScannell

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
This might be the simplest thing to do but I am having a heck of a time with it.

So you can get a picture of this,I have a card ticket stock with a top portion that is 8" wide and about 6" high (that corresponds to the Page Header section of the report). Below that are 3 rows of 2 business card sized tickets (that correspond to the Detail section).

I have a recordset keyed by order number and record type. There is one HEADER record and one or more TICKET records. The tickets are things like dinners, events, etc. I want all records to print on the same sheet. The HEADER record data goes onto the Page Header while the TICKET records go into the Detail section. The detail section is a two column area to accomodate the tickets. I have been trying everything I can think of to do this. But I get two sheets. One with the header and one with the tickets.

I currently do:
1. Suppress the details based on record_type <> 'TICKETS'
2. Added a Group around the detail on a change in order number.

I don't know what else to do. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance,

Jerry Scannell

It sounds like you wish to avoid a page break.
Open the section expert, Paging tab, and make sure you don't have New Page Before or New Page After properties turned on in the suspect sections.
If that was not the issue, look for Keep Together properties of sections and groups.

hth,
- ido

view, export, burst, email, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back