Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 2008 Ignoring Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdecap

Programmer
Jul 20, 2007
US
I have a Report created in Crystal 9 which was upgraded to Crystal 2008.

It's an incredibly simple report, using a SQL Server 2000 Table as the DataSource, with 4 parameters that are to filter the results, which are:

- BDATE
- EDATE
- JOBNUMBER
- SUBJOBNUMBER

When running the Report standalone (through Visual Studio 2005 Development Environment), the correct subset of data is being returned. However, when running the VB.NET Application that the Crystal Report is being developed for, every record from the target Table is returned as though it's ignoring the Parameters.

Filtering is done through the Select Expert to truncate the result set sent back from the DataSource (the target table is a small table that never has more than about 50 records, so efficiency isn't a problem).

There are no errors presented, everything compiles and runs properly, it just does not provide the required filtering.

This was not a problem when the App used only the default VS 2005 Crystal components, only since upgrading to Crystal 2008 has this come up.

My workaround has been to create a Stored Procedure to pull records from the same target Table and pass the same 4 parameters (with @ symbol prefixes) to filter the results before returning the data to the Report.

Is there something with Crystal 2008 using Tables as the DataSource that has changed? Does this have anything to do with the Parameters not having an @ symbol as a prefix?

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Business Objects support is horrendous.

Thanks I have now posted over there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back