Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 11 SQLOLEDB and Integrated Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluteplr

Programmer
Oct 23, 2000
US
I have been banging my head against the wall on this one.

I am trying to get Crystal 11 to work with a Windows Logon (Integrated Security) and a sqloledb connection.

The preview activex control is exhibiting some weird behavior and does not seem to work like the design activex control.

The old way of doing it does not seem to work at all.

otable.SetLogOnInfo( .Server, .Database,'<<Use Integrated Security>>','')

If I try to do it the new way using the connectionproperties

Initially there are 15 properties

Integrated Security is not one of them,

However if I go to my design page after the logon fails and I get the logon screen and check the use integrated security box

There are now 17 properties the new ones being Integrated Security and Use Default DSN Properties, which are set to true and false respectively.

However even once these properties were added to the connectionproperties by the design control and my code can set them without an error, I still get a can’t open database (17) error.

loconnprop = otable.connectionproperties
loconnprop.Item('Initial Catalog')= gcserver
loconnprop.Item('Data Source')= gcdatabase
loconnprop.Item('Integrated Security')= .t.

I have also tried doing this

loconnprop.Add('Integrated Security',.t.)
loconnprop.Add('Use DSN Default Properties',.f.)

also no luck.

Any thoughts?

Please note the following.

The above code is snippets of Visual Foxpro code so it may look a bit odd to the VB people.

Changing access methods ODBC etc, is really not an option at this point.

We already have all this working with SQL security, we are trying to add the option for our clients to use Integrated Security.

Jacob Bruner
Healthcare Insights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back