Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crystal 11 Issue after upgrading server to MS Server 2016 and SQL 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macola10

Technical User
Feb 28, 2011
US
Running Progression 7.6.2 and CRystal 11
After the upgrade, everytime I run a Crystal report I have to key the password for the System Admin. Macola support tried several things, and say they have seen this before and the only thing that works is to upgrade to Crystal 2011. The reports runs fine if I key the passwords so it is not logical to me that an upgrade is required. Any thoughts appreciated.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ccea6a0f-7541-4916-ae2a-4632da60a62d&file=Crystal.PNG
The answer from Macola tech support is pure BS. You have to give your domain user(s) read rights to the Macola database, then it'll stop asking for the password. You do this in SQL management studio.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

I so miss you Don! That is what we tried and you are correct, it worked!

I'm still around. But I have to get out of the Macola world as you well know. It is a shame the Macola tech support team is giving such lame answers.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back