Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cryptography through perl 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranadhir

Programmer
Nov 4, 2003
IN
I am sorry if this question seems too broad-based.
Our objective is to encrypt data using a known key(user-specified) in C++;and decrypt the same in Perl,using the same key.
We intend to use TripleDES algorithm for the same.
Is this possible through Microsoft CryptoAPI for C++ and Crypt::TripleDES in Perl?
If so,a sample code would be a life-saver.

You could always just go ahead and try it. ;-)

the Crypt::TripleDES module requires another module:

Crypt::pPDES

but it's not on CPAN.

I tried this with a VB implementation of Blowfish, many moons back, and I ended up having to shell to a perl exe to do the decryption, as it was encrypted on a *nix webserver. The salts seemed identical, but the results were less identical, if you know what I mean ;-)

Run up a noddy sample, and see how you get on, just as a proof of concept

--Paul

Paul
------------------------------------
Spend an hour a week on CPAN, helps cure all known programming ailments ;-)

Still struggling to find a way to work on encrypting in C++ and decrypting in perl using DES/TripleDES.
Any samples would be helpful;before i take the extreme step of invokig c++ routine from perl to decrypt.
I am able to encrypt/decrypt in c++ using crypto API;and do the same in perl using Crypt;but no idea how to make it work across the languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back