Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRXI. Display thumbnail of PDF file

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBSTR

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
GB
Hi
I have a VB6 application that uses Crystal Reports ActiveX Designer Design and Runtime Library 11.5 to output various reports from data stored in a MS SQL 2005 Express database.
My client is interested in a new report that will list a series of records held in one table and against each a thumbnail image of a PDF file.
The PDF files are stored on a network drive and a field in the table lists the PDF file location and name.
Any suggestion how I can display these thumbnails in the Crystal report? Such as - is there a way I can insert the image into the report or can I import the image into image/varbinary field in a SQL table and display it in a Crystal report from there?
Many thanks in advance.

A PDF is not an image. It is a document format. So if you can create a jpg, bmp, png etc from the first page of your PDF then you can pick up the image dynamically in your report.

Crystal XI and 2008 can do this inside the report preview, and for version 8.5 to 10 you can use our cViewIMAGE utility.

Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back