Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRViewer issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrHabi

Technical User
Jan 22, 2002
US
I have a client that is using Crystal 8 and I cannot seem to figure out how to resolve this issue. The report I created for them works great in our environment but when I run it through theirs it does not display correctly but does have the correct informantion when I open up the Xreport( which is what we call the produced report). I have checked their downloaded programs to try and delete their crviewer but it contains nothing. I cannot figure out how to update their crviewer without this and am curious on how it is working now.

OK, so why are you trying to delete their viewer, have you determined that it is bad?

Do they have the same service packs installed as you? Unfortunately CR 8 is no longer supported, so you're both out of luck and it's well past the point of arguing against upgrading.

What is meant by a downloaded program and how can a crviewer contain nothing?

I would guess that you didn't relaize that most WIndows programs, including Crystal, are printer dependent, and so if they have a different printer installed, it can look quite different from your original version, and of course if you use fonta that they do not have, Windows will guess at a replacement.

-k

What I meant by Downloaded programs is in the browser under tools/internetoption/settings/viewobjects/ is where the Crystal viewer is downloaded since we run it through our browser with ActiveX. The report is being produced correctly but displays in the viewer is not the same as what has been produced. I am assuming that maybe it could be their version of the crviewer and have updated them with the same patch that I ran on our older version of Crystal and wanted to delete their version in their browser but it does not reside their( as it does for every other client that runs Crystal through the browser with ActiveX) . Any ideas would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back