Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crunch Time (One week to go)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kouloubj

IS-IT--Management
Nov 11, 2004
US
I have been studying for the CCNA for about a month and a half and plan on taking the test next weekend. I was wondering if I should purchase the TestKing questions or if anyone suggests something else. (Study guide, brain dumps, etc…)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

i've been studying for about a month also. I was thinking about getting Testking - I used it for my MCSE after studying and it was spot on - literally word for word in some cases.

i'm going to take the ccna exam in another month's time (i think) and i'll deffinitly use teskting - just make sure that you verify the answers in it - sometimes they get it wrong

i actually didn't like the testking..sorry.. I use the cisco books from Todd L and those were really good. Subnetting, which is key for this exam, was explained excellent.

CCNA, CCNP..partly ;)

kouloubj,
If you use Test King - just be aware that many of the answers they have down are wrong.

I have also seen lots of typos in subnet masks and IP addresses - if you do not understand the content you can get very confused!!!

AS MTandSAV said - I also like Sybex CCNA Study Guide by Todd L. and the Cisco Press books for CCNA. I also like CBT Nuggets, using them along with Cisco Press and Sybex for my CCNP study. I have passed Advanced Routing - VERY HARD, working on Switching now.

Good Luck !!!!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

I got a copy of the Testking CCNA exams a while ago from a friend. MANY answers were wrong, mistyped, or just plain didn't make sense.

Be careful with them.

Don't rely on Testking. You want to gain a very solid base knowledge of all the concepts covered in the CCNA 640-801 exam. I just passed with a 958, and all I used with the Cisco Press CCNA Flash Card book with the Exam Practice pack that is included. I found that taking the practice tests and referring to the STUDY SHEETS in the back of the book for each question proved to be a phenomenal way to retain the information. Hope this helps.

-Pete

I'm the Fanciest of the Fancy...INDEED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back