Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CruiseControl, Ant & MSBuild (or Devenv?). Errors and warnings to dash

Status
Not open for further replies.

mijura00

Programmer
Jul 24, 2008
FI
Hello.

First off, sorry if I posted this to the wrong forum.

I've set up a environment with CruiseControl, Ant and MSBuild. The problem I'm having has got do with the results that MsBuild or Devenv produce.

Here's my build flow:
- CruiseControl project calls my Ant target.
- The Ant target calls MsBuild.exe (or Devenv.com) in one of it's targets:
Msbuild:
<msbuild buildfile="${solutionFile}" xmlns="antlib:eek:rg.apache.ant.dotnet">
<property name="Configuration" value="${solutionConfiguration}"/>
</msbuild>
or Devenv:
<exec executable="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\devenv.com" failonerror="true">
<arg value="${solutionFile}" />
<arg value="/build" />
<arg value="${solutionConfiguration}" />
</exec>

The build goes just fine. However, the CruiseControl dashboard doesn't have any messages in the "Tests" and "Errors and Warnings" sections.

I looked at the build log and it shows that all of the warnings and errors from MsBuild (and Devenv) are logged like so, with the priority attribute set to "info":
<message priority="info">
<![CDATA[CLASS_NAME_HERE.cs(0,0): warning CS1030: WARNING_MESSAGE_HERE']]>
</message>

Is there any way for the MsBuild errors and warnings to be logged with the priority attribute set to "warning" or "error" so that they will show up in the dashboard? Or is this something that just cannot be accomplished?

We originally used CruiseControl.net and NAnt, but then decided to investigate would the building be any different with CruiseControl and Ant.

Hopefully that was sufficient information.

Thanks,
Mikko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back