Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crqe.dll and report distribution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHawkins

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hello ...

I'm slowly going crazy thanks to this latest project I'm working on ?!?!

I have a VB form passing parameters to a Crystal designer using VB6. On the development machine the compiled 'EXE' works as expected, but can I get the project installed on a client machine - 3 days later .... NO, NO and NO!

I've done plenty of looking on the web, and the DLL causing the problem is crqe.dll. The deployed project can't register this file and if you try a register in manually using regsrv32 it says access denied!

I've taken as many steps back as possible to the stage now I have a blank form just trying to show a blank crystal report. The same error occurs crqe.dll can't register and the error 'report load failed' is returned when the project is run.

I've searched everywhere making sure dgbhelp.dll is in the system32 manually and in the deployed setup. Tried to ensure the dll's are installed in the correct (so I'm told) order - I'm at a loss as to what to try next .... any ideas ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back