Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRPE32.dll not found

Status
Not open for further replies.

cankalu

Programmer
Jun 2, 2004
US
Hi Guys

I am working on VB6 with Crystal Reports10. I am new to this application I am using, which has lots of reporting functinality.

The code is using lot of functions of CRPE32.dll file (PEOpenEngine, PEOpenPrintJob.. etc.) They declared the functions in VB Like

Declare Function PEOpenEngine Lib "crpe32.dll" () As Integer
Declare Sub PECloseEngine Lib "crpe32.dll" ()

Now I am getting the "CRPE32.dll not found" whenever I tried to use these functions. I saw there is CRPE32.dll in my system (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.5\bin) and I also see the registry entries for this dll. But still I am getting this error.

Can anybody tell why is this happening? I tried to register the dll, but looks like does not have the start point. I am confused about this. Please help me out...

Thanks
Chandra

Have you tried adding the DLL to the Project References in VB?

Cheers,

Ravi

It will not register as there is no entry point for this dll. But as I said, there are entries in the registry.

Thanks
Chandra

Did you try putting the DLL in the Application Path?

Cheers,

Ravi

Copy and register the Dll in system32 folder and try running the application

Manish Madhok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back