Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRPE32.DLL is too Big!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnem

MIS
Apr 6, 2003
AU
I'm using VB 6.0 and CR 7.0 to create an active X control to print data from a SQL DB. The report selection criteria is most suited to an Active X control type implementation. In addition, the report uses a custom font. This is required, and installed on the client. I'm using an active data set for my report (.ttx file), and supplying the recordset at runtime (I have requirements to change the datasource as well as selection criteria, in addition I've had trouble in the past when distributing apps that use the built in CR SQL querying tools). I need to preview as well as print the report. I'm using the CRPEAuto classes.

The whole thing works great, the problem is that it requires the crpe32 dll which is rather large (over 5 meg). This makes the control rather cumbersome to download. What options do I have to create an application with a more slimmed down distribution package, given these constraints? Do I have any options?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back