Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevatwork

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2006
Hi

I am having a problem with some 3905 ACD sets once in a while a few people 10 or 20 will hear a click on the phone and the phone will freeze you can still see the customer number but cannot hear anything but the customer can, to fix it i reset the phone, also sometimes the agent and customer will hear the conversation of another agent.

The phones are in diff acd q, on different trunk, no error on pbx

option 11
ccma
ccms
callpilot

This will happen twice a month or 4 times in one day diff times, i am having trouble troubleshooting this can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me some causes of the crosstalk

Thanks, Trevor

Are you using a T1 or anolog trunks or DID trunks?

If your on a T1 go to ld 60 to see if your T1 is slipping.

Hi

We have T1's

what do i check in ld 60?

Thanks

Trevor

Hi i can stat in 60 but no alarms or anything, one of our pri was disconnected a while ago it is loop3 and when i stat it just shows idle,

Could you please explain slipping

Thanks, Trevor

Slipping is when the PBX and telco go out of synchronization. Your PBX has a clock which is slaved to a heartbeat signal from the telco. If they are out of synch briefly, they will correct. It they are out of synch too often or for too long, services are affected. This can be caused by either side, but if it was on your PBX, alarms and error messages would occur.

Ironically, one of my customers just reported this very issue today. What I did was check for slippage on the PRIs and found all of them had logged slips. There were not alarms in the PBX other than when the slips occured and all hardware seems fine. I reset the counters and will monitor every now and again over the next few days.

My recommedation to the customer was to contact the telco and report that they experienced issues and their system reported slippage on the PRIs. I suggested that they request the telco check everything on their end, realizing fully that the telco will report no problems.

This could truly be intermittent and will go away on its own. Telco might have a problem and just fix it and report no issues (the magical PRI fix).

Thanks for the explanation MagnaRGP

I have been looking for errors on the pbx i go to ld 117 and prt sel, I am not seeing any errors just usual time stamp etc, is the errors on the pri logged somewhere else?

Thanks, Trevor

Trevatwork...
You mentioned you 'stat' in LD60 but see no errors...
To check for errors use 'lcnt'.
In LD60,
STAT - will stat all your Loops.
LCNT - will list the error counts for your Loops.
RCNT - will reset the loop error counts.

For a 2Mb PRI the alarm counters are...

Case 3 2.0 Mb/s PRI
The counters are:
• BPV = bipolar violation counter
• CRC = cyclic redundancy threshold counter
• FAP = frame alignment threshold counter
• SLP = maintenance threshold slip counter
• AIS = alarm indication signal
• LFAS = loss of frame alignment signal
• LMAS = loss of multiframe alignment signal
• RAI = remote alarm indication
• LOS = loss of signal

Thanks comtechau

All counters are set to zero but i think our vendor reset them

thanks for the LCNT command as you can tell i am really new to this.

Trevor

Trev...

I will be checking my customer's PRI's on Monday to see if anything has occured. I'll post again if I see anyting.

As far as alarms, one place to check is LD 2 prt AHST. This will show you everything that has oocured in the PBX over the last 24hrs or so. PRI alarms and D-channel alarms (among others) will show up if they have occured prior to the log being overwritten. Here is an example of what I found before resetting my customer's logs:

PRI TRK LOOP 1
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -006
CRC -000
LOSFA -008
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 2
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -004
CRC -000
LOSFA -000
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 3
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -006
CRC -000
LOSFA -000
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 4
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -004
CRC -000
LOSFA -002
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 5
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -005
CRC -000
LOSFA -003
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 6
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -006
CRC -000
LOSFA -008
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 7
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -003
CRC -000
LOSFA -004
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

PRI TRK LOOP 8
TRSH CNT:
BPV -000
SLIPD -000
SLIPR -005
CRC -000
LOSFA -000
OS_BPV -000
OS_LOSFA-000
OS_YEL -000

This is from issuing the LCNT command in LD 60. SLIPR means that the system has recorded that many slips (synch has been lost, non-service affecting, but should be monitored) on that PRI. LOSFA means that there has been a loss of frame and a call (or calls) has likely been disrupted.

When this occurs without corresponding errors in the hardware, this is indicative (but not conclusive) of issues with telco.

HTH.

Hey MagnaRGP

Thanks for the info,

I cannot prt in ahst ld 2, but i can prt sel in ld 117

=> prt sel 15
Printing [3%] (15 of 500) most recent events
AUD370 VSID 9 CUST --
TIM000 09:00 9/7/2007 CPU 0
VAS008 ADMIN VSID 9 CUST -- TIME & DATE 9:00:30 9/07/2007
AUD370 VSID 9 CUST --
ERR4019 7500
ERR4019 7500
TIM000 09:15 9/7/2007 CPU 0
OVL014
VAS008 ADMIN VSID 9 CUST -- TIME & DATE 9:30:08 9/07/2007
TIM000 09:30 9/7/2007 CPU 0
AUD370 VSID 9 CUST --
OVL014
OVL014
OVL013
OVL401

Would this show d-channel alarms?
Could you please post an example of a d-channel alarm
I have seen a message like "dch 002"
is that telling me of an alarm?

Are you in Canada?
Cause i reported this issue to my vendor on friday as well and we have 8 pri just like you posted, are you my vendor?
:)

Thanks again

Trevor

AHST is printed in LD 22.

However if you know what you are looking for you do a print on VHST and search for key phrases with the command FIND.

Thanks TAnselm

AHST gives some different info then prt sel

i still dont see any errors in the list other than a couple MWI errors.

Thanks

Trevor

Trev...

Yes, I work for your vendor. I wondered when you were going to figure that one out!

:)

Forgot to add that yes, dch XXX would be an error on the Dchannel

MagnaRGP
I was thinkin you were after your post on friday, and then the print out of the PRI alarms :)

Thanks for the info, i think this forum is a great place to learn, and when i read the nortel docs i gotta stop and look up an acronym every paragraph.

I really appreciate all the answers and explanations

Thanks, Trevor

This may be a little too far out but, I had a similar problem once and what was happening was the user added a headset to their 3905 and plugged it into the handset RJ on the back of the phone and then plugged the handset into the side of the phone. Both hand and head set worked at the same time but the handset was muffled and faint because it was on the desk.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.
Franklin P. Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back