Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crosstalk on a Interalia unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

rheine

Vendor
Apr 13, 2009
US
Hello, Several years ago we went from the CS1000M, release 4.5.88 to an upgraded CS1000E, release 5.0 system. There is an existing interalia DMU-2RAB unit that had one an announcement programmed for one queue.

After the upgrade there was another announcement created for another queue and there were complaints of crosstalk. To my knowledge there was no crosstalk prior to this upgrade.

I removed this interalia unit and installed it at another CS1000M release 4.5.88 with a similar setup in regards to the queue's and there was no crosstalk when testing the channels that are wired to the unit. We have (4) channels wired in or looped together per announement.

I replaced all of the cabling and crossconnects and even the punchdown blocks at the release 5.0 site where we are experiencing the crosstalk and nothing seems to help.

I called interalia and they no longer sell this unit but they had recommended reversing the polarity per channel which I did. There was still crosstalk. They were of no help.

Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this crosstalk and how to resolve? Could it be a release 5.0 issue and might there be a patch?

When (2) people are listening to the announcement at the same time they can have a full conversation from (2) different channels. Once the announcement has played and they are connected to the queue again there is silence. The crosstalk is only during the announcement. There is no MOH setup over at this site.

Thank you..

Have you tried changing the TN it uses from the PBX? Possibly even a different Universal card. As you have proved the Interalia works on another system, that seems to be the logical next step.

Yes, I moved all of my connections to a different universal trunk card. I thought of this the same way you did since initially that was the only hardware not replaced. After I completed all of that there is still crosstalk that is why I believe this to be a software issue in the release 5.0, 1000E. I did not know if there is a patch to resolve this?

Sounds like you are on the right track then, I personally do not know of a patch for this, but there are so many out there, it seems logical there is.

If you swapped the hardware then the next thing to do is out the trunks and routes and put them back in. You may have RAN Broadcast now and that may some how be causing this.

I appreciate you getting back to me. The customer happened to be on-holiday a while back and I spent many hours on this rewiring and testing the results were always the same with the crosstalk. The only thing that I can think of is when this location migrated from a 1000M to a 1000E the 1000M did not require any broadcast licenses and the "E" does require that. The below is how these RAN routes are built in this "E".

I recall seeing that there were no broadcast licenses but I can't recall where I had seen that?

REQ slt
ANALOGUE TELEPHONES 80 LEFT 12 USED 68
CLASS TELEPHONES 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
DIGITAL TELEPHONES 800 LEFT 64 USED 736
DECT USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
IP USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
BASIC IP USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
TEMPORARY IP USERS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
DECT VISITOR USER 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
ACD AGENTS 74 LEFT 19 USED 55

PCA 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
ITG ISDN TRUNKS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
H.323 ACCESS PORTS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
AST 1 LEFT 1 USED 0
SIP CONVERGED DESKTOPS 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
SIP CTI TR87 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
SIP ACCESS PORTS 96 LEFT 0 USED 96
RAN CON 0 LEFT 0 USED 0
MUS CON 0 LEFT 0 USED 0

TNS 32760 LEFT 31072 USED 1688
ACDN 24000 LEFT 23990 USED 10
AML 16 LEFT 16 USED 0
LTID 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
RAN RTE 512 LEFT 511 USED 1
ATTENDANT CONSOLES 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
BRI DSL 10000 LEFT 10000 USED 0
DATA PORTS 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
PHANTOM PORTS 32760 LEFT 32760 USED 0
TRADITIONAL TRUNKS 32760 LEFT 32637 USED 123
DCH 255 LEFT 249 USED 6

REQ: prt
TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 15

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 15
DES WIC_FRRT_880015
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
NODE
RTYP AUD
GRD IDLE
REP 1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP YES
ACOD 880015
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

TYPE: rdb
CUST 0
ROUT 16

TYPE RDB
CUST 00
ROUT 16
DES WIC_SRRT_880016
TKTP RAN
NPID_TBL_NUM 0
VTRK NO
NODE
RTYP AUD
GRD IDLE
REP 1
POST DIS
RANH
STRT DDL
WAIT RGB
BDCT NO
ASUP YES
ACOD 880016
TARG
CDR NO
MUS NO
RACD NO
TTBL 0
OHTD NO
ALRM NO
SGRP 0
ARDN NO
AACR NO

DES WICFRRT
TN 008 0 07 00 VIRTUAL
TYPE RAN
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 15 1
DATE 8 NOV 2011

NACT
TYPE: tn
TYPE TNB
TN 8 0 7 4
DATE
PAGE
DES

DES WICSRRT
TN 008 0 07 04 VIRTUAL
TYPE RAN
CUST 0
XTRK EXUT
TIMP 600
BIMP 600
AUTO_BIMP NO
RTMB 16 1
DATE 8 NOV 2011

It doesn't appear that you have broadcast RAN. If you did the RAN CON in the license would be more than 0.

Could that be my crosstalk issue with this "E"? If so then the customer would need to purchase these licenses and none of my troubleshooting will resolve this issue? This would explain why this unit works fine at another 1000M location with no crosstalk?

Thanks

I really don't think the broadcast RAN is your problem. What type of 1000E is it? Cabinet or Chassis?

We used the original cabinets that housed the CS1000M, just changed out the hardware and of course software. We have another "E" that has RAN CON licenses using a MIRAN unit and there is no crosstalk on the channels. That release is 4.5.88. That location is not using an interalia unit anywhere on-premise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back